Launched in July 2020 in English, the platform is now translated into Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, French and Russian. It offers a very complete panel of data.
Access to this information :
- provides governments, private companies, NGOs and international donor organizations with the information they need to encourage or make investment decisions on forests;
- supports countries in achieving the goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement
- contributes to policy development.
The Global Forest Resources Assessment 2020 analyzes the status and trends, management and use of forest resources from 1990 to 2020, focusing on 60 variables covering 236 countries and territories.
Global forest information has never been more accessible. The platform is an opportunity for users and allows them to:
- visualize data and metadata using informative dashboards;
- interact with the full Global Forest Resources Assessment 2020 dataset
- access national, regional and global statistical summaries, as well as for customized groups
- download ready-to-use tables and data for analysis and research.
Countries send data reports to FAO following a standardized reporting process that ensures consistency and transparency.
Detailed results on the analysis of the assessment data are presented in the main report. For an overview of the world's forests, you can view this interactive report.
To learn more about the Global Forest Resources Assessment process, check out this animated video developed by FAO.