Preferred by Nature
Preferred by Nature (formerly NEPCon) is a non-profit organisation that has been working for more than 25 years on solutions for better land management and business practices that benefit people, nature and climate.
In a few figures :
- More than 100 countries in which we work to support sustainable development commitments
- More than 80 million hectares of forest land and more than 2 million hectares of agricultural farms are covered by our certification services according to international sustainability standards.
- More than 4,200 companies and organisations in the global timber and agriculture supply chains have certified their chain of custody with us.
- More than 120 non-profit projects where we have contributed our expertise on natural resource management.
- Creation of more than 100 protected areas and the development of 65 management plans for natural areas worldwide.
- We have assessed the risks to the legality of timber, palm oil, soybean and beef supplies in more than 70 countries.
- 94% of the world's wood production is covered by our risk assessments.
- 82% of global palm oil production is covered by our risk assessments.
- We have issued FSC and PEFC certification to more than 3,300 forestry operations and companies.
- Thousands of representatives from over 44 countries have joined our training events.
Søren Frichs Vej 38K
subscribe to the newsletter
Sign up to receive our Newsletters every week